Stevenson teachers are as dedicated as they are creative. In a collaborative environment, adults in the community, inspired by a sense of shared purpose, work consciously together to model, as often as possible, a collective engagement with life that we wish our students to emulate. All Pirates are engaged with and supported by a values-driven community experience influenced by the distinctive natural beauty, ecological biodiversity, and contemplative culture of California’s Central Coast. We expect all members of our community to be:
- Devoted to our tenets of scholarship and citizenship;
- Honest, honorable, and empathetic;
- Able to examine and be responsible for their beliefs and behavior, respectful of the consequences that may attend both;
- Willing to risk failure in the pursuit of wisdom;
- Committed to embodying and sustaining our community’s core values of safety, trust, respect, belonging, and inclusion.