The bookstore is open!
Before school begins, you will need to acquire the books for your 2023-2024 courses. Go to our partner bookstore (BNC) to see which books will be used for your courses.
If you have concerns or questions about your course list, please email Mrs. O’Hara before acquiring books.
For information about laptops, please see the page for our Laptop Program.
Course books and calculators can be expensive, but there are several options for mitigating this cost. Below are two purchasing methods that we recommend. The first method is usually the most cost-effective, and the second requires less time to source the required books. Used books, unannotated, are perfectly acceptable and in many ways preferable to purchasing new if available.
Our partner bookstore (BNC) is populated with information about your courses and required books. They are offering both an efficient purchasing experience and free shipping to the contiguous United States on orders of $149 or more on items purchased from the store (not necessarily from a third party seller) from now until Wednesday August 2 at 10:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time. Of course, you can still use other sources to hunt for bargains if you wish.
To use our partner bookstore,
1. Go to the online bookstore.
2. Click on “Let’s Get Started.”
3. Enter your Student ID — for the bookstore this is the first initial of your legal first name or your preferred first name, your last name, and the last two digits of the year of your graduation, for example jlee24
4. Click ‘View Your Materials.’ This will bring up a personalized list of books that you need for your courses.
5. For each item you have purchasing options:
- Select the option you prefer for that book and click “Add Selected to Cart.”
- Enter the ISBN13 number in the search bar of your favorite online bookseller to be certain you get the correct title and edition. Sellers such as betterworldbooks.com, goodwillbooks.com, thriftbooks.com, or amazon.com are sometimes more cost-effective. Feel free to search for your books at any used book store.
- If you already have the book from another source and are certain that the ISBN13 numbers match exactly, you do not need to purchase the book again.
- Request a free book or calculator from the Learning Commons (LC) Book and Calculator Exchange on campus, at which priority is given to students on financial aid. Students who are interested in receiving books from the Exchange may indicate that on the Book Exchange Titles Request form. Items will be available for pickup in August. If you have questions about the exchange, please email Mrs. Bagley-Rowe. The LC Book and Calculator Exchange does the work of checking ISBN-13 numbers to figure whether a particular edition is the correct one for you.
6. Proceed to your cart to check out. If this is your first time purchasing from the online bookstore, you may need to create an account with them.
7. The bookstore may push you to “Add Grade Builders,” but we recommend that you say “No Thanks, Continue to Checkout.”
8. Resident students may select Use School Address for their shipping address on the checkout page, and our mailroom will store their books until their arrival. Enter the student’s name, not a parent’s or guardian’s. The student’s mailing address at school is
Student’s First and Last Name
3152 Forest Lake Rd
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
Questions can be directed to the registrar, Mrs. Liz O’Hara, at firstname.lastname@example.org.