Consider whether you want to sell or donate this year’s books or your calculator. Before you get rid of anything, you should check the Tentative Booklists for 2023-2024 to see if you might need it for next year.
You have options if you want to donate or sell this year’s books. Your donation to Stevenson’s Book and Calculator Exchange would benefit others, but you also have many options for selling, including the Swap & Shop Gmail group and selling to our partner bookstore (BNC), to Amazon, or to the store from which you purchased them. More information about each is below.
Donate Through the Learning Commons (LC) Book and Calculator Exchange
The Learning Commons (LC) is accepting donations of books for your classes and calculators. Contact Mrs. Bagley-Rowe (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
- Drop off items in the LC with Mrs. Bagley-Rowe, or in the designated bins in front of the LC up to Friday, June 2, or later if you contact Mrs. Bagley-Rowe to arrange the drop-off. If you meet with Mrs. Bagley-Rowe to make your donation she can help you get a charitable donation receipt. StuCo will also have a Yard Sale for the donation of items other than books and calculators, Ms. Coady can answer questions about the Yard Sale.
- Teachers may collect books and calculators from grade 12 on Friday May 12 and from grades 9-11 during the final assessment periods and have students bring them to the LC
- Dorm staff may collect books and calculators in common rooms and bring them to the LC
- Items will be assessed and sorted by Mrs. Bagley-Rowe.
- Items still in use for 2023-2024 will be available for next year’s students, with priority given to students on financial aid.
- Textbooks that will not be used in 2023-2024 and are still curriculum pertinent will be added to the library collection or housed elsewhere on campus.
- High quality items no longer part of the curriculum will be, as appropriate: available for purchase at the Yard Sale (proceeds to Student Council); sent to a vendor (proceeds to the Learning Commons); or donated to another organization.
Sell or Donate Through the Swap & Shop Gmail Group
Swap & Shop is a group in Stevenson’s Gmail. To post an item for sale, create a new email, type “Swap” in the To: field and select Swap & Shop when it comes up. The next step is to enter a descriptive title and describe the item(s) offered for sale in the body of the email. When you hit Send, it will be added to an email bundling all of the Swap & Shop posts for that day and sent to all upper division students and teachers. Please post only real offers described in a well-composed email. If you are interested in buying an item offered for sale in Swap & Shop, it is preferred to reply to the sender only.
Sell Books Back to Stevenson’s Partner Bookstore (BNC)
- Go to Stevenson’s online bookstore.
- From the Menu dropdown choose “Sell Your Textbooks.” If you are the one who ordered the books this year, enter the email address and password from that order. If not, you may continue by entering your information under “New Customers” and clicking “Create Your Account.”
- Follow the directions on the page to select the books or enter the ISBN-13 number for each book you wish to sell. ISBN-13 numbers can be found on the back cover of the book above the barcode or on the title page at the front of the book. Continue to follow the directions to proceed to checkout, enter an address and select a payment option, and finalize your buyback quote.
Sell Books to Amazon (learn more) or to the Store From Which You Purchased