As a graduate and past parent, it is a great honor for me to serve Stevenson in the company of equally committed trustees. We are dedicated to helping the School move forward to fulfill its destiny: to stand among the nation’s finest independent PK-12 boarding and day schools, and to always be worthy of your trust, enthusiasm, and support.
We work in close concert with the president to steward the School and oversee its continuing evolution as determined by its mission. Our responsibilities in this regard are fiduciary, strategic, and generative. Primarily, our work is focused on the following areas:
- Supervising the School’s mission, goals, and strategy
- Monitoring the School’s performance and accountability
- Selecting, supporting, and regularly evaluating the president
- Developing and conserving the School’s resources including endowment funds, and buildings and grounds.
- Recruiting and orienting new trustees
- Continually improving the board’s performance
On behalf of my fellow trustees, I thank you for taking an interest in Stevenson School.
Chairman ’76 P ’11